The 25th Annual Empowerment Congress Summit, Lessons Learned: 25 Years of Empowerment and Leadership, will feature our most engaging workshops to date from our standing committees! Please refer to the list of offerings below, and click the titles for more information.
Participants may select one workshop to attend at the Summit on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
Online registration is now closed. Limited on-site registration may be available beginning at 8am.
- “Beyond the Ballot: A Millennial Manifesto for Staying Woke” (Emerging Civic Leaders Committee)
- “Criminal Justice Reform and Community Engagement” (Public Safety & Justice Committee)
- “Earth, Wind, Fire and Water: The Fundamental Elements to Sustainably Transform Environmentally Burdened Communities” (Environmental Committee)
- “Ending Homelessness Using the Empowerment Congress Model” (Human Services Committee)
- “Equity in Education: Leaders Explore Solutions from Diverse Perspectives” (Education Committee)
- “Gentrification Uncovered: What Does it Mean for You?” (Economic Development Committee)
- “Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Theater For Change is Now in Session!” (Arts & Culture Committee)
- “High Times: The Legalization of Cannabis and Its Impact on Health and Community Outcomes” (Health Committee)
- “Living Life Like It’s Golden: Purposeful Aging During the Senior Years” (Senior Services Committee)
- “Mental Health in the Community: Notes from the Field” (Mental Health Committee)
The 25th Annual Summit will also feature a youth summit for high school-aged students, entitled “Unlearning Learned Bias.” Registration for the youth summit is restricted.