The Arts & Culture Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month, from 6pm – 8pm. Please join our mailing list for up-to-date meeting information, as some months may change.
Learn more about the committee and see where you can join us at upcoming meetings and events.
The EC Arts & Culture Committee is dedicated to acting as a conduit for information between the community and elected officials. The committee supports issues that create opportunities for arts practitioners to have the means for creative production, and to achieve economic sustainability. The committee advocates to create a community where all residents have unhindered access to arts and culture in their community, and arts are embedded in the education system as a core part of every school curriculum.
- Unite the voices and priorities of grassroots arts and culture leaders.
- Educate and inform the community about existing arts and culture resources and opportunities.
- Organize and empower communities by ensuring their priorities are represented in the office of elected officials.
- Support and facilitate the works and arts practices of EC Arts & Culture Committee members, their organizations and the community.
- Increasing access and inclusion to create cultural equity
- Promoting the visibility of arts and culture practices and institutions
- Promoting awareness of the creative economy as a driver for economic development
- Advocating to prevent cultural displacement in the process of community revitalization
- Advocating for the support of arts-based interventions to address crucial social issues
- Advocating for access to arts education and arts integration to teach non-arts subjects
(return to top)