This workshop will examine the rise of environmentalism in historically underserved communities and how local residents can use environmental stewardship as a tool to transform their neighborhoods physically.
Panelists will describe policies, programs and projects (past and planned) using the framework of Earth as land use, Wind as air quality, Fire as Energy and Water. Questions and dialogue with the panel is encouraged.
For the first time, the Environmental Committee will also recognize a community-based project with an “Environmental Stewardship Award”. Summit participants are encouraged to cast their vote for their favorite project before the Summit.
- “Beyond the Ballot: A Millennial Manifesto for Staying Woke” (Emerging Civic Leaders Committee)
- “Criminal Justice Reform and Community Engagement” (Public Safety & Justice Committee)
- “Ending Homelessness Using the Empowerment Congress Model” (Human Services Committee)
- “Equity in Education: Leaders Explore Solutions from Diverse Perspectives” (Education Committee)
- “Gentrification Uncovered: What Does it Mean for You?” (Economic Development Committee)
- “Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Theater For Change is Now in Session!” (Arts & Culture Committee)
- “High Times: The Legalization of Cannabis and Its Impact on Health and Community Outcomes” (Health Committee)
- “Living Life Like It’s Golden: Purposeful Aging During the Senior Years” (Senior Services Committee)
- “Mental Health in the Community: Notes from the Field” (Mental Health Committee)
- “Unlearning Learned Bias” (Youth Summit – REGISTRATION RESTRICTED)