The Education Committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6pm to 7:30 pm. Please join our mailing list for up-to-date meeting information, as some months vary.
Learn more about the committee and see where you can join us at upcoming meetings and events.
The EC Education Committee supports efforts to achieve equitable education for all learners by informing, equipping, and mobilizing diverse stakeholders around local, state, and federal educational issues and solutions.
- Increase stakeholders’ awareness of efforts and strategies that promote accessible and sustainable quality educational and special needs services and resources.
- Educate and engage constituents on educational issues – Prenatal through 12, Alternative and Nontraditional Learners, Higher Education, Adult Education and Occupational Training, and to work collectively to develop practical solutions and advocate for change.
- Collaborate and expand partnerships with EC committees, local businesses and organizations to explore options and strategies to increase educational accessibility and achievement.
- Increasing accessible quality early childhood education services
- Removing obstacles and barriers to learning that may prevent students considered at-risk from receiving equitable educational opportunities
- Building cradle to college/career pipelines
- Addressing the effects of trauma on learning and workforce readiness
- Strengthening parent engagement and community supports
(return to top)