As COVID-19 continues to affect our lives and way of engagement, the Empowerment Congress continues to be true to our mission to educate, engage, and empower the community in new ways. As we abide by all recommendations set forth by the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the State of California, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) with regard to public assembly in order to reduce the spread of the virus, we will meet virtually for the foreseeable future.
Please continue to check here for information on developments related to the virus, the LA County response to the virus, and ways to continue to engage with the Empowerment Congress while we work to see post-pandemic life.
Last updated on January 17, 2021
- LA County Department of Public Health Coronavirus Information – includes information regarding number of cases and deaths due to the virus, testing and vaccine information, as well as additional information on ordinances and important steps to take if you are sick
- State of California Coronavirus Information – provides statewide statistics and responses to increases in case numbers
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Los Angeles County Homeless Services Community
- LAHSA Winter Shelter Program
- Free wi-fi via Charter (requirements for qualification apply)
- COVID-19 Resources List (compiled by the Empowerment Congress Human Services Committee)
Empowerment Congress Meetings & Events
Check committee pages for specific dates. All meetings are via conference call or Zoom.
- Arts & Culture Committee
- Emerging Civic Leaders Committee
- Equitable Economic & Community Development Committee
- Committee on Homelessness
- Public Safety & Justice Committee
- Special Committee on COVID-19
Other Meetings & Events
Please check back for updates.
LA County Resources
- LACMA @ Home
- LA County Library options – Overdrive/Libby online content access, activity sheets, and more