The Public Safety & Justice Committee meets on the third Monday of each month, from 7pm – 8:30pm. Please join our mailing list for up-to-date meeting information, as some months may change.
Learn more about the committee and see where you can join us at upcoming meetings and events.
The EC Public Safety & Justice Committee educates constituents about events and issues that impact the safety and well-being of the community and its residents. The committee is committed to addressing critical public safety and justice issues, providing leadership around mobilizing and educating the community.
- Educate and inform the community on public safety policies and initiatives with local impact.
- Facilitate community dialogue and engagement on critical public safety issues such as criminal justice reforms, law enforcement oversight, adult and youth diversion efforts, along with informing advocates on evidence-based solutions and where to access local resources and supports.
- Criminal justice reforms (e.g. Prop 47, Prop 64, Realignment)
- Adult and youth diversion efforts
- Community-based policing
- Civilian Oversight Committee priorities
(return to top)