The 2021 Special Committee on COVID-19 meeting schedule is pending. Please join our mailing list for up-to-date meeting information.
Learn more about the committee and see whree you can join us at upcoming meetings and events.
The EC Special Committee on COVID-19 educates, engages and empowers the community on city, county and statewide efforts to ensure the safety, economic resiliency and socio-emotional needs of residents during this crisis. This includes monitoring the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, connecting residents to critical resources, and sharing civic engagement and volunteer opportunities to take action.
- Increase access to critical COVID-19 resources across local, state and federal levels
- Ensure equity in COVID-19 testing and vaccine distribution to reduce disparities
- Educate and inform residents and business sectors on COVID trends, and vaccine safety and related health issues
- Align resources to support vaccine administration and deployment, including partnerships with community-based organizations to increase testing and vaccination sites
- Support an equity-focused recovery effort
- Work with local stakeholders to ensure awareness of and access to vaccines.
- Assess testing and vaccination capacity in underserved communities and uplifting opportunities to address disparities.
- Promote broad strategies to advance a Health equity agenda
- Advocacy to address challenges in distance learning
- Identify and pursue economic recovery opportunities that will benefit high-need communities
(return to top)