The Human Services Committee will commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Empowerment Congress (EC) by discussing the distinctive and deliberate EC model and some of its policy and community impact in the last 25 years. During this workshop, the EC model and framework will be applied to the challenge of promoting social change around the entrenched and widespread issue of homelessness. Core EC principles of participatory democracy, reciprocal accountability, and intentional civility will be highlighted and discussed. Participants will leave the workshop with actionable steps that they can take, individually and collectively, to end homelessness.
Click here to register!
- “Beyond the Ballot: A Millennial Manifesto for Staying Woke” (Emerging Civic Leaders Committee)
- “Criminal Justice Reform and Community Engagement” (Public Safety & Justice Committee)
- “Earth, Wind, Fire and Water: The Fundamental Elements to Sustainably Transform Environmentally Burdened Communities” (Environmental Committee)
- “Equity in Education: Leaders Explore Solutions from Diverse Perspectives” (Education Committee)
- “Gentrification Uncovered: What Does it Mean for You?” (Economic Development Committee)
- “Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Theater For Change is Now in Session!” (Arts & Culture Committee)
- “High Times: The Legalization of Cannabis and Its Impact on Health and Community Outcomes” (Health Committee)
- “Living Life Like It’s Golden: Purposeful Aging During the Senior Years” (Senior Services Committee)
- “Mental Health in the Community: Notes from the Field” (Mental Health Committee)
- “Unlearning Learned Bias” (Youth Summit – REGISTRATION RESTRICTED)