“Equity in Education” is not simply a statement, but a charge to school superintendents, policy makers, community leaders and parents to create schools that address the needs of students. Today’s workshop will encourage participants to:
- identify strategies to close the opportunity and achievement gap;
- prepare students for life beyond high school in the 21st Century;
- discuss the importance of meaningful parent and community engagement; and
- discuss the importance of creating positive school cultures and even sanctuary schools that support the safety and well-being of all students regardless of class, race, sexual preference, gender identity, disability or immigration status.
This workshop will provide an opportunity for panelists as well as the audience to delve deeper into important policy issues impacting schools, students and families, and to share best practices.
Click here to register!
- “Beyond the Ballot: A Millennial Manifesto for Staying Woke” (Emerging Civic Leaders Committee)
- “Criminal Justice Reform and Community Engagement” (Public Safety & Justice Committee)
- “Earth, Wind, Fire and Water: The Fundamental Elements to Sustainably Transform Environmentally Burdened Communities” (Environmental Committee)
- “Ending Homelessness Using the Empowerment Congress Model” (Human Services Committee)
- “Gentrification Uncovered: What Does it Mean for You?” (Economic Development Committee)
- “Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Theater For Change is Now in Session!” (Arts & Culture Committee)
- “High Times: The Legalization of Cannabis and Its Impact on Health and Community Outcomes” (Health Committee)
- “Living Life Like It’s Golden: Purposeful Aging During the Senior Years” (Senior Services Committee)
- “Mental Health in the Community: Notes from the Field” (Mental Health Committee)
- “Unlearning Learned Bias” (Youth Summit – REGISTRATION RESTRICTED)