This workshop, presented by the Education and Health Committees, will engage high school students from the South Los Angeles Youth Advisory Council in the planning and execution of activities and breakout sessions to offer interesting and interactive education regarding STDs and healthy relationships. The youth summit will educate Second District youth about HIV and other STDs and provide tools for healthy relationships and the prevention of STDs. Additionally, youth will be empowered to embrace preventative lifestyles and offer extended civic engagement opportunities for youth to become active leaders in their communities.
Youth will have the opportunity to select two of the following breakout sessions:
- Consent is Sexy – Rape, Coercion, Consensual Sex (RCC)
- Same Love – LGBTQ Allies
- Let’s Talk about (Safe) Sex, Baby – Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- FaceTime: We Need to Talk – Healthy Relationships & Communication
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register for the 2014 Empowerment Congress Youth Summit.
- Civic Engagement: The Empowerment Congress Model
- EmpowerMENt: Boys and Men of Color in the Second District
- Funding Opportunities for the Arts
- Got Coverage? Health Care Reform is Here
- Streets to Sheets: Housing Options for People Who are Homeless
- Metro Airport Connector 101
- Sex Trafficking in Your Own Backyard