The EC Public Safety & Justice Committee educates constituents about events and issues that impact the safety and well-being of the community and its residents. The committee is committed to addressing critical public safety and justice issues, providing leadership around mobilizing and educating the community.
- Educate and inform the community on public safety policies and initiatives impacting the Second Supervisorial District.
- Facilitate community dialogue and engagement on critical public safety issues such as criminal justice reforms, law enforcement oversight, adult and youth diversion efforts, along with informing advocates on evidence-based solutions and where to access local resources and supports.
- Criminal Justice Reforms (e.g. Prop 47, Prop 64, Realignment)
- Adult and Youth Diversion Efforts
- Community Based Policing
- Civilian Oversight Committee Priorities