The EC Public Safety & Justice Committee educates constituents about events and issues that impact the safety and well-being of the LA County Second Supervisorial District (SD2) community and its residents. The committee is committed to addressing critical public safety and justice issues, providing leadership around mobilizing and educating the community.
- Educate and inform the community on public safety policies and initiatives impacting SD2.
- Facilitate community dialogue and engagement on critical public safety issues such as criminal justice reforms, law enforcement oversight, adult and youth diversion efforts, along with informing advocates on evidence-based solutions and where to access local resources and supports.
- Criminal justice reforms (e.g. Prop 47, Prop 64, Realignment)
- Adult and youth diversion efforts
- Community-based policing
- Civilian Oversight Committee priorities
Printable version of the Public Safety & Justice Committee fact sheet.