The EC Arts & Culture Committee is dedicated to serving the arts and culture community of the LA County Second Supervisorial District (SD2), and to acting as a conduit for information between the community and elected officials. The committee supports issues that create opportunities for arts practitioners to have the means for creative production, and to achieve economic sustainability. The committee advocates to create a community where all residents of SD2 have unhindered access to arts and culture in their community, and arts are embedded in the education system as a core part of every school curriculum.
- Collaborate with SD2 offices and link the staff with the voices and priorities of grassroots arts and culture leaders from across the Second District.
- Educate and inform the community about existing arts and culture resources and opportunities.
- Organize and empower SD2 communities by ensuring their priorities are represented in the office of elected officials in SD2, and throughout LA County.
- Support and facilitate the works and arts practices of EC Arts and Culture Committee members, their organizations and the community.
- Increasing access and inclusion to create cultural equity for SD2 residents.
- Promoting the visibility of SD2 arts and culture practices and institutions.
- Promoting awareness of the creative economy as a driver for economic development.
- Advocating to prevent cultural displacement in the process of community revitalization.
- Advocating for the support of arts-based interventions to address crucial social issues.
- Advocating for access to arts education and arts integration to teach non-arts subjects.
Printable version of the Arts & Culture Committee fact sheet.