The EC Arts & Culture Committee is dedicated to serving the arts and culture community of the 2nd Supervisorial District, and acting as a conduit for information between the community and elected officials. We support issues that create opportunities for arts practitioners to have the means of creative production, and to achieve economic sustainability. We advocate to create a community where all residents of the 2nd Supervisorial District have unhindered access to arts and culture in their community, and arts are embedded in the education system as a core part of every school curriculum.
- Collaborate with the 2nd Supervisorial District offices and link the office with the voices and priorities of grassroots arts and culture leaders from across the 2nd District.
- Educate and inform the community about existing arts and culture resources and opportunities.
- Organize and empower 2nd District communities by ensuring their priorities are represented in the office of elected officials the 2nd Supervisorial District, and throughout LA County.
- Support and facilitate the works and arts practices of EC Arts and Culture Committee members, their organizations and the community.
- Increasing access and inclusion to create cultural equity for 2nd District residents.
- Promoting the visibility of 2nd District arts and culture practices and institutions.
- Promoting awareness of the creative economy as a driver for economic development.
- Advocating to prevent cultural displacement in the process of community revitalization.
- Advocating for the support of arts-based interventions to address crucial social issues.
- Advocating for access to arts education and arts integration to teach non-arts subjects.