The EC Economic Development Committee monitors economic development issues and legislative policies affecting the Second Supervisorial District to advise Supervisor Ridley-Thomas on key issues impacting the economic strength and health of the community and mobilize the community to take action.
- Collaborate and link the Second Supervisorial District office with the community through the Empowerment Congress Economic Development Committee.
- Educate and inform the community about key economic policies and initiatives impacting the Second Supervisorial District.
- Identify emerging economic issues in the Second Supervisorial District and determine how to influence and develop policy.
- Promoting awareness of Procurement opportunities within the County Procurement Division for businesses in or serving the Second Supervisorial District
- Promoting employment opportunities with major contractors funded with County funds via Project Labor Agreements
- Hosting workshops on economic related issues such as the Small Business Procurement Opportunities
- Advocating for economic issues impacting the community such as Crenshaw/LAX Leimert Park Station, and Crenshaw/ LAX Connector to the airport.