The EC Senior Services Committee is comprised of senior service providers and stakeholders who will work to engage senior constituents within the Second District through empowerment and education. The Committee efforts will provide a platform to ensure seniors are engaged in discussions and sharing ideas and interests that will ultimately impact their quality of life. Senior participants will be encouraged to attend to avoid isolation and remain socially connected to peers.
- To provide seniors information and education on issues that directly impact their lives.
- To allow seniors to voice their concerns and find solutions.
- To allow seniors to make recommendations and suggestions on identified issues.
- To provide information to assist seniors in accessing government resources.
- To promote, educate and mobilize seniors on matters of the Second District.
- To promote multicultural awareness, understanding and interaction.
- Promoting healthy eating to effectively combat chronic medical conditions
- Promoting the importance of exercising and remaining active to improve the quality of the aging process (i.e. Day of Fitness events)
- Providing Fall Prevention workshops to promote safety precautions for seniors
- Providing updated information on Health Care Coverage (i.e. changes associated with the Affordable Care Act and other health plans)
- Provide seniors with tools to avoid being victims of scams