The EC Senior Services Committee is comprised of senior service providers and stakeholders who work to engage senior constituents within the Second District through empowerment and education. The committee provides a platform to ensure seniors are engaged in discussions to share ideas and interests that impact their quality of life, as well as to keep senior participants socially connected to peers.
- To provide seniors information and education on issues that directly impact their lives.
- To allow seniors to voice their concerns and find solutions.
- To allow seniors to make recommendations and suggestions on identified issues.
- To provide information to assist seniors in accessing government resources.
- To promote, educate and mobilize seniors on matters of the Second District.
- To promote multicultural awareness, understanding and interaction.
- Promoting healthy eating to effectively combat chronic medical conditions
- Promoting the importance of exercising and remaining active to improve the quality of the aging process (i.e. Day of Fitness events)
- Providing Fall Prevention workshops to promote safety precautions for seniors
- Providing updated information on Health Care Coverage (i.e. changes associated with the Affordable Care Act and other health plans)
- Provide seniors with tools to avoid being victims of scams