The Senior Services Committee is comprised of senior service providers and stakeholders who will work to engage senior constituents within the Second District through empowerment and education. The Committee efforts will provide a platform to ensure seniors are engaged in discussions and sharing ideas and interests that will ultimately impact their quality of life. In utilizing a widespread public approach, forums will be held throughout the Second District that will:
- Educate seniors on issues that directly impact their lives.
- Allow seniors to voice their concerns.
- Allow seniors to make recommendations and suggestions on identified issues.
- Assist seniors in accessing government resources.
- Promote, educate and mobilize seniors on matters of the Second District.
- Promote multicultural awareness, understanding and interaction.