The EC Health Committee monitors health issues and legislative policies affecting the LA County Second Supervisorial District (SD2) to advise Supervisor Ridley-Thomas on key issues impacting the health and wellness of the community and mobilize the community to take action.
- Collaborate and link the SD2 office with the community through the Empowerment Congress Health Committee.
- Host monthly committee meetings, special events, and subcommittee meetings, as needed.
- Partner with community-based organizations within and outside of SD2
- Support the work and activities/events of the individual EC Health Committee members and the community at large.
- Educate and inform the community about key health policies and initiatives impacting SD2, in an effort to reduce health inequities.
- Promote awareness of existing and emerging health topics.
- Provide information and resources to increase knowledge on current health policies and initiatives.
- Advance emerging health issues in SD2 and determine how to influence and develop policy.
- Identify, prioritize, and advocate for health issues impacting the community
The EC Health Committee hosts and co-hosts various activities directly related to the goals of the committee, including:
- CARE Harbor;
- Violence as a Public Health Issue: Shifting the Focus from Criminal Justice to Social Justice;