The EC Health Committee monitors health issues and legislative policies affecting the Second Supervisorial District to advise Supervisor Ridley-Thomas on key issues impacting the health and wellness of the community and mobilize the community to take action. The committee convenes a diverse group stakeholders, residents, and individuals who want to further engage and involve the community in improving the health and wellness of residents and their communities.
- Collaborate and link the Second Supervisorial District office with the community through the Empowerment Congress Health Committee.
- Educate and inform the community about key health policies and initiatives impacting the Second Supervisorial District.
- Support the work and activities/events of the individual EC Health committee members and the community.
- Identify emerging health issues in the Second Supervisorial District and determine how to influence and develop policy.
- Promoting awareness of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s) and HIV/AIDS
- Supporting disease prevention activities such as the Care Harbor LA event (formerly Care NOW, formerly RAM-LA)
- Promoting nutritional and physical activities such as the Annual Revlon Run/Walk
- Hosting workshops on health related issues such as the Healthy Way LA
- Advocating for health issues impacting the community such as school based health centers and sickle cell anemia