The EC Education Committee supports district-wide efforts to achieve equitable education for all learners. The committee educates, empowers, and mobilizes the diverse stakeholders throughout Los Angeles County and the Second Supervisorial District around local, state, and federal educational issues and solutions.
- Increase awareness of efforts and strategies that promote accessible and sustainable quality educational and special needs services and resources.
- Educate and engage the Education Committee members and constituents on educational issues, Pre-K through 12, Higher Education, Adult Education and Vocational Training, and to work collectively to develop practical solutions and advocate for change.
- Teach and mobilize youth leaders to address issues within their schools and community using the Empowerment Congress Model.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with other EC committees, local businesses and organizations to explore options and strategies for increasing educational accessibility and outcomes (achievement).
- Accessible quality early childhood education services
- Early detection and intervention resources for students with special needs
- Closing the achievement and opportunity gap, and digital divide
- College and career readiness
- Cradle to prison pipeline awareness and abatement
- Accountability, engagement & professional development: parents & educators, child/youth serving professionals