This workshop, presented by the newly established Men of the Second District Committee (formally launching at the 2014 Annual Summit), will feature a panel discussion addressing the various academic, justice, equity, and access issues for boys and men of color. The workshop seeks to engage thought leaders and leading practitioners in an engaging conversation on the “State of Boys and Men of Color in the Second District,” with the objective of educating, engaging, and empowering this often marginalized and alienated group.
- Civic Engagement: The Empowerment Congress Model
- Funding Opportunities for the Arts
- Got Coverage? Health Care Reform is Here
- Metro Airport Connector 101
- Sex Trafficking in Your Own Backyard
- Streets to Sheets: Housing Options for People Who are Homeless
- What’s the 411 in the Second District? The Low Down on Sex, Drugs, and Relationships (Youth Summit)